The goal of the CSV fast track is to automatically transmit complete valid CSV files to healthdata without human intervention. The following topics must be taken into account when using the CSV fast track. HD4DP allows to automatically import files from dedicated folders. On the server where HD4DP is installed, create a new folder next to the provisioning and stable data folders.
After creating the fast track folder, you must configure the location of the dedicated folder in HD4DP by adapting the configuration parameter "FAST_TRACK_DIRECTORY" in the admin configuration panel.
Subfolders contributing to the organization and data collections, will automatically be created according to a specific folder structure.
When a CSV file is placed in the folder of a data collection, several actions can occur:
- If the file could not be manipulated (e.g. an invalid CSV or a data collection that has not yet started) the file is moved to ARCHIVE_ERROR
- If the file was successfully read but only partially valid, the file will be split accordingly.
- e.g: line1 is valid, line2 ignored because of duplicate record, line3 contains an error
- a CSV file containing line1 will be placed in SUCCESS
- a CSV file containing line2 will be placed in IGNORE
- a CSV file containing line3 will be placed in ERROR and an extra column is added which explains why the CSVs raised an error.
- the original CSV will be moved to ARCHIVE
- If the file is successfully read and validated, it is moved entirely to both the SUCCESS folder and the ARCHIVE folder.